Monday, April 20, 2009
Stuck in Wal-Mart
As I walked through the aisle with my big sister and her boyfriend, I heard on the intercom,"Attention Wal-Mart customers, Wal-Mart will be closing for the weekend in observance of a work-holiday. We will be locking the door at eleven. Thankyou for shopping at Wal-Mart." I looked at my watch, it was ten minutes till eleven. My big sister wasn't paying attention because she was too busy picking out a bathing suit ad making out with her boyfriend at the same time. "They disgust me," I told the strange, old couple that were staring at them. They didn't say it, but I knew they agreed. I reminded my sister that now, we only had seven minutes until closing. She stated, annoyed, "Okay, okay, okay, I know that we don't have long. I'm going to try this bathing suit on quickly and if it fits, I'm going to buy it, then we leave, happy?" I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Fair enough I guess." When she went to try on the suit, I walked away from the dressing roomto look at a shirt that I liked because Malcom, my big sister's boyfriend, and I arn't close, so we don't usually talk very much to each other. I didn't notice when my sister came out and I didn't see them walk away. When I looked up, they were gone. I ran to the lines hoping that maybe they were still in line waiting to purchase the suit. When I reached the lines, no one seemed to be there. I ran to the parking lot in search of our mom's baby blue 2009 Ford Fusion, but it wasn't at the spot where we parked. I walked back inside of the store and I heard, "Wal-Mart will be closing in five, four, three, two, one." My heart was now pounding fast as the sliding doors closed, and all of the lights turned off, except the front to scare off burglars. I began to panic even more when I remembered that Wal-Mart wasn't going to open until the weekend was over. I tried to open the sliding doors, but it was no use. I finally thought to myself, "As long as I'm here, I might as well find something fun out of it." I ran through the toy aisle. I played with all the toys that I could without opening them becaus I didn't want to have to buy the things, I just wanted to test them put. Suddenly I heard a sound like a bell. It was the alarm going off and I started hearing voices. I ran to go see what was all the racket hoping that it was someone else that was stuck in Wal-Mart with me, but it was even better. A big, round policeman yelled, "Over here, fellows." They asked me my name, my date of birth, and my address. Cooperately I answered their questions. They also asked was I locked in here by accident, and I nodded in fear. They told me that once my sister and her boyfriend got to our house, they noticed that I wasn't there,,they called the police. Our mom was highly upset at my sister and told her that she was grounded for three months and she wasn't allowed to communicate with her boyfriend during that time also. When I got home, I told my family about the short adventure I had, and fell asleep not long after.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a cool story i love it! Reminds me of the movie Home Alone in a way.
ReplyDeleteI love this! Is this truth or fiction? Either way, it's a good story. I love the detail about your sister looking for a swimsuit AND making out with the boyfriend (who you didn't get along with) at the same time. These kind of details made me want to keep reading! Your writing voice is a strong one here. Bravo
ReplyDelete